Saturday 9 May 2009

I BLAME YOU MR MOONSHINE

... AND YOU ALONE!

So here I am again clicking away at the keyboard. Does he not realise I have other VERY IMPORTANT things to do?

MY TO DO LIST

  • THE WEEKLY SHOP - Aaaaargh
  • THE LAUNDRY - Double aaaaargh
  • MENDING - yuck!
  • Trying out my SUPER DUPER new camera - Yippee
  • Scrapbooking - Mmmmm
  • Card making - MUSTN'T forget!
  • Maintaining my other two Blogs - I must be mad

and that's without opening the back door and stepping out into that other wonderful world of mine for some touchy-feely-freshy-greeny-dirt-under-the-fingernails-honest-to-goodness-no-body-bothers-me, ME TIME communing with MY GARDEN where there are many, many jobs to be done.

So why am I doing it?

Mr M is becoming what we call Chez Moonshine A NAG FEST (Imagine bolts of lighting, crashes of thunder - dum, dum dummmmm) about me keeping a photo record of our garden so we know what's where, when we have gaps in the planting, colours that work together etc, etc, etc. Of course I always have a million and one other things to do so I'm really bad at going out there and taking the necessary pics. Soooo - he, with the cunning of Mr Fox, having noticed how much I'm enjoying playing on my other Blogs (see side bar for details), suggested that I should "Do a Blog about the garden" and I, like the gullible fool that I am, took the bait and the rest, as they don't quite say, will be history.

So, please come in to the garden, look around and enjoy...




Look, I mowed the lawn

The long border top down

The long border bottom up

Path to lower seating area

Tea drinking spot

Corner bed

Top bed

These are just some of the views in our really quite small garden, I'll show you more as we go along - and now I've got my SUPER DUPER new camera be prepared for some SUPER DUPER close-ups and other fancy photowork!

I really should go and do some of those VERY IMPORTANT things, although the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I can hear that Mr M has put the kettle on... Aaah - just time for a nice cup of tea in the garden ...






A garden isn’t meant to be useful. It’s for joy.

Rumer Godden

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely garden you have. Very peaceful for sitting and contemplating whatever you want to contemplate. Looking forward to seeing some fantastic pics. Will your pseudonym be Mrs. Baily?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your happy thoughts MMx